Noble Timber is committed to protecting your privacy and personal data. We will only use your personal data in accordance with the Privacy Act and other relevant legal regulations in force. Any reference in this Privacy Statement to the Privacy Act means a reference to the Act of 30 July 2018 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data. Any reference to the Regulation is a reference to the European Regulation of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data.
By means of this Privacy Statement, Noble Timber would like to inform you of any processing operations relating to this data and of your rights. By using our platform/our website/our application, you explicitly grant your consent to possible processing by Noble Timber. It is possible that this Privacy Statement may be subject to changes and modifications in the future. It is up to you to consult this document on a regular basis. Any substantial changes will always be clearly communicated on the Noble Timber platform.
Who processes the personal data?
The website www.nobletimber.eu is an initiative of:
The Practice Academy BV, with trade name Noble Timber
1000 Brussels, Belgium
VAT number: BE 0719.959.635
Telephone: +32 04 85 98 95 54
What personal data are processed?
Noble Timber agrees to process only those data that are relevant and necessary for the purposes for which they were collected. The following categories of personal data may be processed by Noble Timber:
- Personal identification data
- Contact details
- Financial identification data (e.g. bank details)
- Legal data
- KBO/VAT or company number
- Electronic identification data (IP address, location, cookies)
For what purposes will my personal data be used?
Noble Timber collects personally identifiable information to provide you with a safe, optimal and personalized user experience. The more you use the platform/website/application and our online services, the more extensive the collection of personal information becomes. Data processing is essential to the operation of the website and related services. Processing takes place exclusively for the following well-defined purposes:
- Give you access to your user profile.
- Providing and improving a general and personalised service; including billing purposes, offering information, newsletters and offers that are useful and/or necessary to you, obtaining and processing user reviews and providing support.
- Offering and improving the delivered products, personalized and specific products on the basis of information and data provided.
- Processing orders.
- Customer management: customer administration, order management, deliveries, invoicing, checking creditworthiness, support, complaints monitoring and sending out newsletters.
- Detection of and protection against fraud, errors and/or criminal behaviour.
- Marketing purposes.
You always have the possibility to withdraw your consent.
When visiting the Noble Timber website, some data is collected for statistical purposes. Such data is necessary in order to optimise the use of our website. These data are: IP address, probable place of consultation, hour and day of consultation, which pages were visited. When you visit the Noble Timber website, you agree to this data collection for statistical purposes as described above.
The user always provides the personal data to Noble Timber and can thus exercise a certain degree of control. If certain data is incomplete or seemingly incorrect, Noble Timber reserves the right to postpone certain expected actions temporarily or permanently. The personal data is only processed for internal use within Noble Timber.
We can therefore assure you that personal data will not be sold, transferred or disclosed to third parties associated with us. Noble Timber has taken every legal and technical precaution to prevent unauthorized access and use.
As a customer, you have the following rights:
- Right of access
- Right of rectification
- Right to be forgotten
- Guarantee of correct and secure processing of the data
- Right to restrict processing
- Right to object
- Right to data portability
- Right of withdrawal of consent
The customer may exercise his rights by means of a written request addressed to Noble Timber either by registered letter or by e-mail at email@example.com. If the customer does not agree with the manner in which Noble Timber handles personal data, the customer has the right to lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority (in Belgium: https://www.privacycommission.be/).
What are my rights
1. Guaranteeing the lawful and secure processing of personal data
Noble Timber always processes your personal data fairly and lawfully. This includes the following guarantees:
- Personal data will only be processed in accordance with the described and justified purposes of this Privacy Statement.
- Personal data will only be processed insofar as this is adequate, relevant and not excessive.
- Personal data will only be kept as long as this is necessary for the fulfillment of the described and justified purposes in this Privacy Statement.
The necessary technical and security measures have been taken to minimise the risks of unauthorised access to or processing of personal data. In the event of an intrusion into its computer systems, Noble Timber will immediately take all possible measures to limit the damage to a minimum.
2. Right of inspection/rectification/erasure of your personal data
If you provide proof of your identity as a user, you have the right to obtain information from Noble Timber as to whether or not your personal data is being processed. When Noble Timber processes your data, you also have the right to inspect the collected personal data. If you wish to use your right of inspection, Noble Timber will comply with this within one (1) month after receiving the request. The request is made by registered mail or by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Inaccurate or incomplete personal data can always be corrected. It is up to the user in the first place to adjust inaccuracies and incompleteness himself. You can exercise your right of correction by providing a supplementary statement to Noble Timber. Noble Timber will comply with this within one (1) month of receiving the supplementary statement. You also have the right to have your personal data deleted by us without unreasonable delay. You can only invoke this right to be forgotten in the following cases:
- When the personal data are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were originally collected;
- When the personal data have been collected on the basis of consent obtained and there is no other legal basis for the processing;
- Where the processing is objected to and there are no overriding compelling legitimate grounds for processing;
- Where the personal data have been unlawfully processed;
- Where the personal data must be deleted in accordance with a legal obligation.
Noble Timber assesses the presence of one of the aforementioned cases.
3. Right to limit/object against the processing of your personal data
The user has the right to obtain a limitation of the processing of your personal data:
- During the period required by Noble Timber to verify the accuracy of personal data, in the event of a dispute;
- When the data processing is unlawful and the user requests a limitation of the processing instead of the deletion of the personal data;
- When Noble Timber no longer needs the user's personal data for processing purposes and the user needs the personal data for legal proceedings;
- During the period needed by Noble Timber to assess the presence of the grounds for the deletion of personal data.
In addition, the user has the right to object to the processing of his personal data at any time. Noble Timber shall then cease processing your personal data, unless Noble Timber can provide compelling legitimate grounds for processing your personal data that outweigh the user's right to object. If the user wishes to exercise these rights, Noble Timber shall comply with this within one (1) month after receiving the request. The request is made by registered mail or by e-mail to email@example.com.
4. Right to data transmission
User has the right to obtain the personal data provided to Noble Timber in a structured, common and machine-readable form. In addition, the user has the right to transfer these personal data to another data controller if the processing of the personal data rests solely with the user's obtained consent. If the user wishes to exercise this right, Noble Timber shall do so within one (1) month of receiving the request. The request shall be made by registered mail or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Right to withdraw my consent/right to complain
The user has the right to withdraw his consent at any time. Withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent prior to withdrawal. In addition, the user has the right to complain about the processing of his personal data by Noble Timber to the Belgian Commission for the Protection of Privacy. If the user wishes to exercise this right, Noble Timber shall do so within one (1) month of receiving the request. The request is made by registered mail or by e-mail to email@example.com.